In order to provide you with the full range of Ironbark Ltd services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
Ironbark Ltd is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our services. This protection covers our use of any personal information you provide to us online, via phone, by email, in letters or other correspondence.
Please note that you have the right under GDPR to withdraw your consent to be contacted by Ironbark Ltd at any time and to have your contact details and other information we hold about you removed from our mailing lists and records. This can be undertaken by us on your behalf if you email your request to email@example.com.
2. What information will Ironbark Ltd collect about me?
We may receive personal information about you when you:
- Participate in, access, or sign up to, any of our services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats and message boards;
- Telephone or e-mail Ironbark Ltd
- Create an account using any of our online registration systems.
The information we collect will be basic details such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, depending on the activity you are interested in.
By submitting your details, you enable Ironbark Ltd (and where applicable its technical support contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Additional personal details
We sometimes require additional personal information which may be considered sensitive (e.g. from those sending in a job application). When we request this, we will explain why we are collecting this information and how we intend to use it. You have the right under data protection regulations to withdraw your consent for us to keep or process this information.
3. How will Ironbark Ltd use the information they collect about me?
Ironbark Ltd will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- To provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- For "service administration purposes", which means that Ironbark Ltd may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 4 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- To analyse and improve the services offered on Ironbark Ltd websites.
Technical and analytical purposes
- To use IP addresses to identify the location of users to establish the number of visits from different countries and their areas and to determine the statistical use of our websites, including, user numbers, unique user numbers, page views, hits, browser types, page rankings, search engines used, search phrases used, platforms and browser types. This information is statistical and will only be used by representatives of Ironbark Ltd for the further enhancement of the online services that we offer.
- To provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Ironbark Ltd may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Other uses of personal information
- Where Ironbark Ltd proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You have the right to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than or including those listed above.
4. When will Ironbark Ltd contact me?
Ironbark Ltd may contact you:
- About any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that Ironbark Ltd can deliver the services to you;
- Where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- In relation to any contribution you have submitted to Ironbark Ltd, e.g. on the company blog, news items, message boards or via other social media channel;
- To invite you to participate in surveys about Ironbark Ltd services (participation is always voluntary);
- For marketing purposes related to your business interests - we will always provide you with an easy-to-use opt-out option.
5. Will Ironbark Ltd share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
Generally, we will only use your information within Ironbark Ltd.
However, sometimes Ironbark Ltd uses third parties to process your information. Ironbark Ltd requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and current data protection regulations (GDPR).
This means that Ironbark Ltd requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
6. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
7. How long will Ironbark Ltd keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Ironbark Ltd.
Where you contribute material to Ironbark Ltd we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
You have the right under GDPR to withdraw your consent to be contacted by Ironbark Ltd at any time and to have your contact details and other information we hold about you removed from our mailing lists and records. This can be undertaken by us on your behalf if you email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Can I find out what personal information Ironbark Ltd holds about me?
Under data protection regulations you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that Ironbark Ltd holds about you and also to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification). We will use all reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you from our files and records.
Will there be a charge for supplying this information?
We follow the guidance of the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) when dealing with subject access requests. This states that a copy of information requested must be supplied free of charge, but that a reasonable fee based on administrative costs may be levied for excessive or repetitive demands for the same information or if further copies are requested.
9. What if I am accessing Ironbark Ltd websites outside the UK?
10. Third party links on our websites
Ironbark Ltd websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or that is collected by cookies whilst you are visiting these websites.
We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
We want our services to be safe and enjoyable environments for our audience and to protect your personal information in full compliance with data protection regulations.
Unit 1 Woodcock Hill Industrial Estate
WD3 1PQ L (Email: GDPR@bbi.co.uk)
Last updated 08/07/2019